In order to assure that the health care needs of students are met during their stay at Elmira College, all full-time students are required to have health insurance. This coverage can come from a plan provided by Elmira College or from a private plan that meets Elmira College’s insurance coverage requirements.
Full-time students are automatically enrolled in and charged for the Elmira College Student Health Insurance Plan. However, if they are covered by their own health insurance, they may go online and waive the plan. This online waiver MUST be completed in order to remove the charge from the tuition bill. The waiver MUST be submitted and approved in order for the charge to be removed from the bill. If you already have health insurance coverage that meets Elmira College’s waiver criteria, you must submit a new, completed online waiver petition each academic year. The deadline for submitting completed waivers for the 2016-17 academic year is September 26 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: Your insurance policy MUST provide coverage while you attend Elmira College. Many health insurance carriers do not have networks in the Elmira area. Check with your primary insurance carrier to determine if your insurance can be utilized in Elmira. Many health insurance plans ONLY provide emergency or urgent care in this area. These plans do not meet the waiver criteria.
The Elmira College Student Health Insurance Plan coverage year begins on August 1, 2016 and ends on July 31, 2017 for all students. The annual fee for the 2016-17 year is $1,903. Please review the enclosed Summary Brochure for additional coverage and benefit information.
2016 - 2017 Elmira College Student Health Insurance Plan Waiver Instructions
1) Go to www.firststudent.com
2) Select Elmira College from the drop down menu
3) Click on "Waive Your School's Insurance"
4) Click on "Waive Now"
5) Submit requested insurance information
6) Accept and submit waiver for review
7) Make a copy of your waiver submission for your records
8) Resubmit any further insurance information to complete waiving process (only if requested by verification representative)
9) Verify that the Insurance charge is removed from your tuition account (Not an automatic process)
For further information, please contact our Servicing Broker Haylor, Freyer & Coon Inc.
1-866-535-0456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org