Accessibility Services Information

Under the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, we are informing all newly admitted students of the services available to individuals with currently-documented disabilities.

If you are a student with a learning disability, the information available on will be helpful to you in arranging for accommodations at Elmira College. In order to receive appropriate services and accommodations, it is necessary that you provide the College with current documentation (this means testing that has been conducted within the last three years) attesting to the specific nature of your disability, which specifies any limitations and special accommodations required. On the College’s website are the Guidelines for Learning Disability Documentation and a Consent to Release Information Form. This current documentation and a signed consent form must be on file with the Director of Accessibility Services before classes begin. Documentation may be available from your high school guidance office or from a committee on special education. If you are a transfer or older returning student, then you may have a copy of an evaluation conducted by a learning disabilities specialist, a psychologist, or another qualified professional. We would be happy to assist you in securing a copy of such an evaluation from a previous educational institution, as well as any additional information that could prove helpful to us in planning your program. For those students needing updated documentation, or if being tested for a learning disability for the first time, please share the Guidelines for Documentation with your clinician before testing to ensure a valid and comprehensive assessment process. The College’s Guidelines for Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder Disability Documentation are also available on

Mrs. Carolyn Draht, Assistant Registrar and Director of Accessibility Services, provides support and assistance to self-identified students with learning disabilities. The Office of Academic Enrichment Services provides assistance to learning disabled students with respect to monitoring and assistance with appropriate accommodations for academic programs. Also available online is the College’s information on Procedures for Requests by Individuals with Disabilities for Access to Programs and Activities, as well as documentation guidelines for other disabilities.

While the College provides necessary accommodations to disabled students, it is important for you to realize that the individual student is required to self-advocate for their disability. The best way to do that is to make contact with Mrs. Draht, who can be reached by email at by telephone at (607) 735-1857 or in the Office of the Registrar, McGraw Hall Room 113.