Potential students interested in attending Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer terms may do so at any time since Elmira College offers rolling admissions.
If you’re unsure about a pursuing a Master’s Degree, apply for an Advanced Certificate, or non-degree study to take classes for professional development or personal enrichment. The credits earned in these classes may be applied toward a Master’s Degree if you decide to pursue a degree.
Master of Science Admission Requirements
- A completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.700. NOTE: Effective July 1, 2016, all candidates for the Master of Science in Education: General Education and the Master of Science in Education: Literacy will be required to have a 3.0 cumulative GPA in their undergraduate coursework to be admitted to the program.
- Scores from either the GRE® General Test or the Miller Analogy Test for candidates for the M.S. Education: General Education and M.S. Education: Literacy. For non-native English speakers, TOEFL (internet-based) scores are required. The minimum score for admission to graduate programs is 80, with no section score below 20.
Required Materials include:
- Completed Application form.
- Official transcripts for each college or university attended while earning a bachelor’s degree.
- 800 - 1000-word personal statement.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Interview with a Graduate Admissions Counselor.
- Resume (M.S. in Management candidates only)
- Documentation of your provisional or initial teacher certification (M.S. in Education/Literacy candidates only).
- GRE® or MAT scores (M.S. in Education candidates only).
- TOEFL scores (Non-native English speakers only).
Choose the "Elmira College Application" and apply online. Once you’ve successfully submitted your application and have been admitted to a program, be sure to apply for financial aid, even if you think you may not qualify. Visit our Paying for College page for additional information.