Biology-Chemistry Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor’s of Science in Biology-Chemistry will:
- Use analytical skills and understand in depth the principles and material discussed in their classes and to use this understanding to solve new complex problems.
- Systematically search the scientific literature, especially primary and secondary sources, using electronic search techniques.
- Critically analyze the contents of the literature and summarize the results of these searches in both written and oral forms.
- Develop proficiency in the use of modern instrumentation and to adapt these protocols to new analyses thereby using instrumentation in a problem solving approach rather than a duplication of old answers to new problems.
- Present research results in a way that clearly states the problem investigated and the approach used to get answers.
Note: Learning goals are subject to regular review and revision.