Completers of Elmira College’s Visual Arts Education program will…
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter within their content fields and apply central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structures of their discipline to meet the various teaching and learning needs of all students;
- Demonstrate in their teaching knowledge of effective pedagogy and technology by engaging all students in developmentally appropriate learning, including critical and innovative thinking and collaborative problem solving;
- Promote student academic, social, and developmental achievement by creating and maintaining caring, nurturing, inclusive, and well-managed environments that meet the diverse needs of all students in collaboration with schools, family, and community;
- Use assessment, evaluation, and reflection for monitoring and enhancing student learning and strengthening their professional knowledge, growth, and practice;
- Strive to be effective practitioners by demonstrating professional and ethical practices, seeking opportunities for professional growth, and maintaining effective communication with all members of the learning community; and
- Meet the New York State Teaching Standards and demonstrate how they align the New York State Learning Standards and Common Core Curriculum with their teaching and their students’ learning.