Mathematics Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the mathematics major will:
- Understand the foundations of mathematics
- Be able to perform basic computations in higher mathematics
- Be able to read and understand middle-level proofs.
- Be able to write and understand basic proofs
- Develop and maintain problem-solving skills
- Use mathematical ideas to model real-world problems
- Acquire a knowledge of the history of mathematics
- Be able to communicate mathematical ideas with others
- Have experience using technology to address mathematical ideas.
Note: Learning goals are subject to regular review and revision.