Meet Courtney Ellis '09
“I often rave about the Nursing program. Not only did we have small class sizes, but we were challenged and made to learn the technical skills needed to make it outside of the classroom.”
Courtney Ellis '09,
Certified Family Nurse Practitioner at Asthma & Allergy Associates P.C.
Elmira College Nurse Education Program at a Glance
Discover - Experience - Succeed
- a program designed to allow students to take full advantage of the many unique aspects of Elmira College life
- nursing specialties through a large variety of clinical experiences
- advanced placement options for individuals with prior degrees
- options for full-time or part-time study
- opportunities for Registered Nurses seeking a baccalaureate degree
- small classes and individual attention
- clinical practice beginning in the sophomore year.
- extensive clinical experiences in all the major specialties including: pediatrics, obstetrics, critical care, mental health, community health, medical/surgical and rehabilitation
- "state of the art" clinical agencies convenient to the College
- in-depth and concentrated clinical experiences in our unique Term III
- in a program designed to provide the best of a liberal and professional education for the practice of nursing
- under the guidance of faculty with strong clinical experience
- by induction into the campus chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing
- as a student are member of the National Student Nurses Association and the Nursing Students Association of New York State
- in a leadership role as an elected officer in the Elmira College Nursing Club or the Nursing Students Association of New York State
- in a program that is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
- in a program that is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing
The Nurse Education Program received a full 8 year accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. following the Fall 2007 evaluation visit. The next evaluation will occur October 14, 2015.
Elmira College Nurse Education Program wishes to announce that it will host a site review for continuing accreditation of its baccalaureate nursing program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
You are invited to meet the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled at 4:30 pm on October 14, 2015, in the first floor Rotunda of Cowles Hall.
Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to:
Dr. Marsal Stoll, Chief Executive Officer
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All written comments should be received by the ACEN by October 6, 2015.
The Program also received 10 years of continuing registration through the New York State Education Department Office of the Professions. The next evaluation will occur in 2017.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326