Financial aid must be renewed annually. Once Term III grades are posted, beginning in June, award letters are mailed to students who have completed the required paperwork.
Application Priority Date: May 1st
U.S. CITIZENS and ELIGIBLE NON-CITIZENS
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Lower your chances of being required to submit additional documentation to the Office of Financial Aid by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer tax information directly into your FAFSA. This is available within three weeks after you submit your tax forms electronically to the IRS or within eight weeks if you mail them in paper form.
Once the Office of Financial Aid receives your FAFSA report, we will follow up with you for additional required paperwork.
- Complete your state grant program application (if applicable).
New York State residents apply for TAP online using the special link on the FAFSA Submission Confirmation page or apply at www.hesc.ny.gov
- Print the International Student Financial Aid Application.
- Mail, fax or email your completed application and copies of personal income tax forms to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Financial Aid Award Letters are mailed to students who have completed the required paperwork beginning in June, once Term III grades are posted.
All scholarships are renewable for three additional years based on:
- full-time status
- continuous enrollment
If you have any questions regarding your scholarship renewal, please contact us.
Elmira College need-based grant will remain the same assuming no reduction in financial need
Federal Direct Stafford Loan limits are:
- sophomore – $6,500 (maximum $4,500 subsidized)
- junior and senior – $7,500 (maximum $5,500 subsidized)
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan (application completed annually; maximum amount is cost minus financial aid)
Student employment earnings, outside awards and monthly payments plans are options to reduce your remaining balance.
FAX: (607) 735-1718