1. Apply to Elmira College for admission
2. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• If you have already completed a 2013-2014 FAFSA and need to add Elmira College, go to www.fafsa.gov and make a correction to your FAFSA adding EC’s school code (002718) or call the Federal Student Aid Processing Center at 1(800) 433-3243.
• If you have not completed a 2013-2014 FAFSA, file at www.fafsa.gov. You will need a PIN for the student and a PIN for parent signatures. Elmira College’s federal school code is 002718. The Federal Student Aid information number is 1 (800) 433 3243.
3. Information and applications on state grants that can be used at Elmira College:
• New York State Residents will initiate the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application process by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as described in Step 2 (look for the special link on the FAFSA submission confirmation page). Otherwise, you will receive information by email on how to complete your TAP Application on the web (TOTW) from New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC). Elmira College’s school code for TAP is 0215. For further information, contact New York State HESC at 1 (888) 697-4372 or www.hesc.ny.gov.
• If you have already applied for TAP and need to change the school code to Elmira College, log on to www.hesc.ny.gov, click on Grants & Scholarships, Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Apply for TAP Now. Update your college to Elmira College 0215 or contact our office.