Office of Admissions
Campus Map & Tour
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Cowles Hall dates back to 1855 when the College was founded.
It was the first college building and was named for Dr. Augustus W. Cowles, the first College President. At that time it housed student dormitory rooms, dining facilities, labs, classrooms and much more. The Octagon on the top of the building lights up and serves as the College symbol. The Portico on the south side of the building is where freshmen receive their beanies and where seniors receive their diplomas.
The College recently spent one million dollars on renovations of the exterior of Cowles Hall.