Office of Admissions
Campus Map & Tour
Mark Twain Study
The Mark Twain Study, which currently stands on the College Campus, was built for Samuel Clemens by his sister-in-law.
The Study was originally located at Quarry Farm on East Hill here in Elmira, but was moved to Campus in 1952. Clemens spent his summers at Quarry Farm with his wife, Olivia Langdon Clemens, who was a member of the Class of 1864.
The Study is where Samuel Clemens wrote many of his greatest literary works including Huckleberry Finn, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Prince and the Pauper and many more.